Strengthen your proposition and connect meaningfully with the market
This seven-session course — which is based on 30 years of experience and has been taught since 2012 to leaders from The Walt Disney Co., Citi, Kroll, top book and magazine publishers, legal firms, wellness brands, job-seekers, and others — will help you clarify your business proposition and provide a strategy to accomplish it. You’ll get the know-how and tools to set your results-oriented business strategy in motion. Each session features a learning component with theory and best practices, exercises to accomplish key steps in crafting strategy and executing tactics, and discussion of your situation. Assignments between each session enable you to get real work done to establish your business identity, digital footprint, and audience outreach and engagement.
About the course
This course is for ambitious business leaders and self-employed professionals who :
● Want to have greater positive impact
● Strive to distinguish your brand from competitors by positioning yourself uniquely
● Wish to connect with your ideal clients who may not know about you yet
● Need a clear strategy that makes the most of your resources (time, money, energy)
● Are ready to take your business to the next level by actively participating in this course
And you may have experienced:
● overwhelm with the potential directions your business could take
● confusion with all the marketing hype
● uncertainty about how to position your business versus yourself as a thought leader
● frustration that the time spent on social media and other promotions aren’t getting results
By the end of the course, you will have gained clarity on the running of your business, elevated your confidence, and taken your business to the next level through:
● a solid research-backed plan to grow your business
● a clear definitive brand identity and story
● a discipline to track your progress
● a foundation to position yourself as a thought leader
● a method to manage social media in 10 minutes a day
Note: This business strategy course teaches a holistic approach of online and offline methods. Today’s mass medium is the Internet, and Google is the gatekeeper. This course is not right for someone who is not using digital means to connect with their target audience. All content shared will be held in mutual confidence.
● Seven weekly live video conference calls plus assignments between sessions. Duration of calls ranges from 60 to 75 minutes, depending on the number of participants.
● Personalized experience: The course is always tailored to the participants; for non-private courses, each participant gets an additional one hour of dedicated time with the instructor, which may be divided into three 20-minute conversations.
● Equipment: Participants must have a laptop or desktop computer to use during the class; a phone or tablet does not offer the same functionality or viewing experience.
● Readiness: Participants must already be established as professionals (earning money for their products and/or services) and have a website and at least a basic understanding of social media.
Participants must be willing to actively engage in the live video calls and between the calls to action the strategy work. The course may be taken privately (one-on-one) for full personalized attention or share with others, which balances personalization with affordability. The costs ranges from $1,500 per participant for a small group to $4,000 for a private course. If an employee of a corporation (1,000+ employees) is sponsored by their company for a private course, the rate is $5,000.
About the instructor
Liza Horan, founder of Media Moxie consulting, developed this course based on principles she gained over her 30-year career in print and digital media, having served in leadership roles across editorial, digital strategy and operations for companies including The New York Times Company and ESPN. Her consulting clients include Informa, British Standards Institutions, Incisive Media, Ziff Davis Enterprise Media, and many others. Business leaders she’s coached directly hail from The Walt Disney Co., Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing, Citi, Kroll, legal firms, magazines, and wellness companies. Liza earned her master’s degree in strategic communications from Columbia University in The City of New York, and her bachelor’s degree from Mount Saint Mary’s University in Maryland.
David X. Martin | Cyber Risk Management Advisor, Expert Witness & Author
Katie Adams | Life & Wellbeing Coach at Katie Adams Coaching
“Liza, thank you for sharing your knowledge, skills, and insights in a simple and focused way. Your exercises and tips helped me expand my knowledge and get serious about specifics so I could move forward my business. Your person-, values- & heart-centric approach really resonated with me, and I really appreciated your evidence-based, no-nonsense style. ”
– LinkedIn | Katie Adams Coaching
Anissa Buckley | CMO of Sifter
LinkedIn | Sifter
Jeffrey Gracer | Environmental Partner at Sive, Paget & Riesel
“Liza has a clear, calm and authoritative way of demystifying social media. She helped me to quickly deepen my understanding of how Twitter and LinkedIn work. As a result, I am much more comfortable using social media as a tool for professional engagement. Thank you, Liza!”
LinkedIn | Sive, Paget & Riesel
Barbara J. Cooperman | CMO & Board Member
“Liza is a breath of fresh air! Through her journalistic background, she’s a quick study on lots of relevant content possibilities. Through her technology understanding, she knows the limits and the limit-less options for engaging and distributing content. And through her strategy work, she can clearly set goals and guide plans. As you work with Liza, she makes it feel like play…exploration, discovery, implementation…continuously in a virtuous, wondrous cycle of growth! Great fun and great results.”